Wednesday, February 3, 2010

hooray for rockin' high heels!

It Looks humid!!

Rockin' Youth Divisions
Wed Feb 3, 2010
[What a fun letter- I didn't change some of the typos and such, part because they add a fun touch to the letter, part because I don't know that I would know how to correct some of them! Sure can see the Spanish language influence, even when the words are all English. Enjoy:]
Alright, so i feel like this is talked about a lot in my letters. but oh my gosh the humidity/heat combo here is insorpotable. And i have never drinken so much water in my life because i sweat SO MUCH i just have to. its nuts. the other day i drank about 6 we bought a huge awesome turbo fan and i just have it balsting on me all night. that is the only way i am comfortable enough temperature wise to sleep. we usually trade off every night the big rockin fan, and the small terrible one. i call the big fan my best friend.
Anyway. We passed again for the large family. They just don´t want to go back. it made me so sad. They do not want to go to church again. And the kids were like we were 8 when we were baptized, we dont remember or know anything about the church. I feel a lot of the experiences i have on my mission are for me (well ok all of them) but really for me because i am learning how i am going to live my life. like raise my family and serve. its just a lot of preparation for the rest of my life. anyway this little experience taught me the importance of truly teaching your kids the teachings of christ and founding your family on the gospel principles. Like every member of that big family is of a different religion and they seem ok, but its just so cray the importance of trying to tell these people that our lives go on for eternity. that the happiness with our families depends on what we do here. sometimes i feel a little burdened with this responsibilty. Anyway.
So we found out a really sad thing after we were teaching this new investigator. she was like hey just a warning you know that man you are teaching? my friend lives by him and he is super shady. anyway they gave us all these super hideous really hardcore accusations of the kind of man he is. and i was like uhh.....oh my gosh.
Anwyay we called president Villalba to ask what we should do. And he was like people dont understand the change and hope the atonement offers us. And so we are just going to work slow with him and see what we can do. But it is really cool because he is changing. he went to church, by himself this time too!, and he is reading and really wants to get baptized. unfourtunately we found out he doesnt have a testimony of the TRUE chruch but that its just a church that searched him out. so right now we are trying to help him gain that testimony. but it is really cool to see the changes in his life!
We also went and visited the branch president's daughter (they have like 12 kids) and she is super like beautiful and rich (her husband owns 3 big local operations, and is about 30 years older than her) and we shared some things, just how she needed it i guess. She came back to church that sunday! her sister told us, good job, she is super,well you know, difficult, but you two fell with her really well! i thought that was neat, i knew my love for rockin high heels would come in useful sometime on my mission. also we shared a scripture with this member that hasn't gone forever and his wife was like please come and talk to him. so we passed and shared a scripture and he came that sunday! she told us though that he said, im going but not for the missionaries. im going for my salvation. At least he knows what the chruch does for us! haha ok. i am sorry about the pics, i just bought a new sd card and forget to bring my other one with all the pics these aren't super fun. but oh well. one is from sunday when we did a choque of fuerza in santa elena and all these rockin youth did divisions with us and it was so powerful! i love them all so much. also this week i learned how to do the finger snap thing. i can't explain but i have been trying to learn how to do it now for like 3 years. yay! ok i love you all. and I know that truly the Atonement really does change lives- even at first it may seem like you´re just doing churchy things- its the power of Christ and His sacrifice that changes us. Chau!


No comments:

Post a Comment