Sunday, April 29, 2012

¿que hago?

October 25, 2010

Welp, i´m here for my last transfer. I think its good. 
I was so scared the morning of Mateo´s baptism. I woke up at like six, really nervous and heard a little patter of rain on the roof and thought no no puede ser! [It cannot be!] (yes i am actually thinking siempre en español ahora, gracias a mi compañera [always in Spanish now, thanks to my partner])  Bueno, so i began to pray with fervor.  I don´t think i have ever prayed so hard in my life, that it wouldn´t rain and that everyone would arrive for the baptism.  As we got up and prayed together the rain began to worsen and it started raining pretty darn hard. I am quite sure that i have told you before that rain here equals bad news. people do not leave their houses and don't go to church.  at about 8:00 I called Mateo´s grandma to see if they were getting ready to go, she said, yes but that they could not leave (they live down a street that is all dirt, and bueno cuando haya lluvia no pueden salir por el barro [it is not good when it rains and they cannot get out in the mud]) i was like listen, you have to come, i don't care about the mud, this is Mateo´s baptism.  we will come get you if we have to.  she said, if the rain continues like this it will be impossible that we come. 
woooo. ¿que hago?  tengo que seguir orando.  llegamos a la capilla y no habían empezado a llenar la pileta bautismal tampoco [What should I do? I have to keep praying. I arrived at the chapel and had begun to fill the baptismal pool].  I felt really rushed and really scared.  luckily our ward mission leader came.  then we got the font going.  i was doubting that everyone was going to turn out, even though i was trying to have faith and believe. oops. 
we were outside waiting because the lady that was going to bring the white pants for mateo se enfermó y no pudo llegar tampoco para traerlos [became ill and was unable to bring them].  So we waited outside for her husband that was going to bring them. my comp gasped and looked over, i see beatriz and mateo with his aunt and little brother and sister, are getting out of a remis. i was so happy.
we went and prayed and thanked our Heavenly Father for the miracle that they could come.  the font filled perfectly. everyone arrived. many people stayed. he was dunked perfectly the first time. (hey my talk in sacrament meeting went well también!) it was really nice.  i wondered why all the worry in that morning because of the rain? well i think i just needed to be humbled a little and, well the road to happiness can be a little rocky. or a lot.
I am so grateful for the love of my Heavenly Father. I know He heard and hears my prayers.  I know that He knows everything and that I have to learn how to trust in Him. man, i have to learn a lot of things.
I know that this is the true and living church of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.  I know that a baptism with His authority of the priesthood is valid. It is the door to us entering in the path of Righteousness. If we follow correctly- reading the scriptures, listening to the prophets and obeying their words, and praying to be clean of our sins- we can reach heaven. we can have the great blessing of eternal life. and I know. 
I love you all and am grateful for your support and love and prayers. 
Sister Dunford

No comments:

Post a Comment