Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We all get wounded.

Monday Sept 27, 2010
so this week was another capacitacion [training] and Hermana Garcia and hermana Keller from La Paz came and stayed in our pench from Monday night to Friday morning. that was fun!! It was a little hectic though. I was a little relieved when they left so that I could just have normal schedule time and enough sleep. yes, we stayed up late talking. Hna Garcia told me she laughed when she found out i was with a Latina. (we used to always joke fight about talking in English and Spanish) she told me it served me right. but it was neat to get to know some other sisters a little better. we have a lot of hard working hermanas that really just kick butt. It was interesting to do divisions, because well it was a bunch of comp mayores. i kinda reeled back and let the sister i was with take the wheel. it was kind of nice. also a little embarrassing. a man talked to us through the door and said im sorry estoy solo y ciego, pueden pasar en otro momento? yo grité, o perdon, no me puede escuchar? he said he was blind and i said oh sorry, so you cant hear me very well? i got my words mixed up. Then we contacted this other guy that said sorry i have to go but i really want to listen, i will be back in 15 minutes. the hna i was doing divisions said yes we will be back, and i said yeah how about saturday at four? i didnt understand the whole fifteen minute part. ugh. i felt really dumb. but luckily the next house the lady let us in and we were able to teach a really good lesson. But man just when you think you´ve made it with the whole language thing something happens to just push you back in your place. que va a hacer.
So that was fun, but man this week was really tough. we literally have started from zero. The kid who wanted to get baptized i talked to his mom and she was like heck no! then just about all of the contacts we have made the people lied to us. Then we have visited a good number of menos activo familias who have treated us very rudely ( one was an rm, sealed to his family, who said no I dont need God) We left almost in tears. They just wanted hermanas to come and be their friends i think, and we wanted to help them make the necessary changes in their lives to be happy and on the path to the CK.
It was pretty frustrating. But hey. my whole mission has been a test of faith! just like our whole lives! in Alma it talks about the 2000 stripling warriors. They did not die, not one soul perished. but they all left wounded. I think life is like that. overcoming the trials and trying to save our souls while slowly healing with the Gospel because we all get wounded. And we all have scars. however, If we work right , and have faith in the Lord, the scars can be attributes of Christ, spiritual growth, or a determination to just be happy and obedient no matter what happens. Im grateful for the Saviour and that He knows me, and that He wants to help me. I love His gospel. I love the Book of Mormon that teaches it to us. I´m grateful for my family. I love you all very much!
Sister Dunford.

No comments:

Post a Comment